Tergotometer Detergent Tester
The Tergotometer (or Terg-o-tometer) is a versatile laboratory-scale multiple washing machine which simulates the action of eight miniature domestic washing machines within a single bench top instrument allowing eight samples to be processed simultaneously under identical conditions of speed, time and temperature.
Any number of variables can be tested in this manner: not only the temperature, agitation speed and test period but also composition of the wash solution, degree of water hardness, pH, bleach, etc.
Typical applications include:
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of soap, detergents, etc.
- Washability and colour fastness of fabrics and other materials
- Optimisation of temperature, speed and water hardness parameters
- Routine screening for dirt removal, brightening, softening, foaming, etc.
The Tergotometer has significant advantages over the Wascator or Launderometer (or Launder-o-meter) often used for testing laundry detergents. These include:
- Reduced quantities of test materials (fabrics and detergent) and water
- Faster cycles times
- Reduce footprint and noise levels, making it ideal for laboratory use (bench mounted)
- Higher accuracy and reproducibility due to better control over equipment dimensions and test parameters
- Data output for documentation of test parameters
- Refrigeration capability (down to 10 degrees C)
- Ability to modify for testing dishwasher detergents
For comprehensive product details, specifications and part numbers, please download our Detergent Testing (Tergotometer) leaflet.