Mechanical Design Engineer
Summary of Position:
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing Product Development team. You will take ownership for developing new, high value scientific instruments from initial concept ideas through to completion and launch into the market.
Location: Nottingham, UK
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Reporting to the Head of of Product Development:
- You will be given ownership for the end-to-end development of new products and significant enhancements of existing products, working as part of a small multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of experience and skills.
- You will design and develop a variety of different scientific instruments that: automate laboratory tasks, have intuitive user-interfaces, drive motors, control valves, simulate breathing, communicate with external systems, sense position, pressure, temperature, flow rate, humidity, heat, cool, humidify, dehumidify and more.
Qualification & Skills:
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- A strong track record of delivering technical projects to a defined plan.
- Able to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels in a business.
- Appropriate qualifications in a Mechanical Engineering discipline to degree or equivalent level.
- Someone who would thrive in a team environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Opportunity to join a growing company with a global presence, supporting future healthcare development
- Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per year depending on experience
- Substantial discretionary bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Contributory pension and matched company contribution up to 8%
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Option to purchase an additional 5 holiday days per year
- Continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Lunch provided daily, free of charge
- On-site car and bike parking (plus electric vehicle charging point)