The purpose of this policy is to set out how we collect personal information for you, how we process and use it, and how we will protect it. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Copley Scientific Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Colwick Quays Business Park, Private Road No. 2, Colwick, Nottingham, NG4 2JY, United Kingdom, company number 1390012 and VAT Number GB 309 3977 30).
We take the security of your information very seriously and we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default
Your Personal Information
When you contact us for information about Company activities, request a quote, place an order, make a complaint or use this website we may collect data from you. This includes:
- your name, company name, address and other contact details;
- profile or preferences you provide to us;
- details of transactions that you wish to conclude through this website;
- credit card or other payment details; and/or
- details of your visit to this website including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.
Information that you give us may be supplemented with information available to us from other sources such as address checking services, screening data against preference services, and standard industry classification information for profiling purposes.
How we use your information
We may use the information you give us for the following purposes:
- to perform legitimate business activities including preparing quotations and fulfilling orders
- to communicate with you about services and information that you have requested about Company products and activities
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer, information and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you with information we believe will closely match your preferences;
- to notify you of changes to the Company activities;
- for legitimate business record keeping purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to our partners and third parties that collaborate with us
- agents and third parties who fulfill any other services on Company’s behalf
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties with you (for example a sale of the business)
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Copley Scientific Ltd is committed to protecting the data you share with us. We have put in place security measures in place to prevent your personal data being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and other third parties who have a business need to know. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any acceptable regulatory authorities of a breach where we are legally obliged to do so.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
Copley Scientific Ltd will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
What to do if you do not want to receive information about the Company?
If you prefer not to receive details of offers, products and services from us, you can opt out at any time by writing to us by mail or email (see the section “How to Contact Us” below).
Please note, if you do opt out of receiving information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products or events that may interest you and you will no longer be eligible for free content.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on this website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your Legal Rights
Under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) you have the right to see the personal data we hold on you, request that we amend, correct or delete it. You may do this by contacting us directly.
Please be aware that our website may link to other websites which may be accessed through our website. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
In order to protect you, our customers and us from fraud, we may use and disclose or verify information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, for the purposes of fraud prevention and detection.
How to contact us
Data Privacy Manager, Copley Scientific Limited Colwick Quays Business Park, Private Road No. 2, Colwick, Nottingham, NG4 2JY, United Kingdom, or by sending an email to email@example.com