Nasal Spray Dose Collector (NSDC)
Specially designed for nasal spray DDU testing, the NSDC has an optimised internal geometry to eliminate splashback, drips and leakage following actuation to ensure complete spray dose capture every time.
Designed for use with the Vertus® II/Plus automated shake and fire systems, the NSDC enables reproducible and time efficient nasal spray testing. It can also be used as a standalone device for the manual dose collection of nasal sprays.
Nasal Spray Waste Collector (NSWC)
Streamlining nasal spray wasting, the NSWC is designed to collect high volumes of waste aerosol doses with no splashback onto the nozzle for safe and convenient disposal of waste drug product.
Designed for use with the Vertus® II/Plus automated shake and fire systems, the NSWC improves the speed and efficiency of nasal spray wasting.
Vertus® for Nasal Spray Testing
Designed for use with the Vertus II/Plus automated shake and fire system, routine test set-ups with the NSDC and NSWC are easily automated using our complete integrated solution:
- Apparatus as specified in USP Chapter <601> and Ph.Eur. 0676
- Automated nasal spray shaking (Vertus® II/Plus)
- Automated nasal spray actuation (Vertus® II/Plus)
- Automated flow control (Vertus® II/Plus)
- Automated shot weight measurement (Vertus® Plus)
Shake. Fire. Weigh. Repeat.
The Vertus® Plus model has the additional feature of a 5-decimal place balance for automated nasal spray shot weight measurement. Automatically recording the mass of the inhaler at any point during a method, the Vertus Plus conveniently reports shot weight data along with all other test information.Learn more: Vertus® Plus
Nasal Spray Dose Collector NSDC
Specially designed for the DDU testing of nasal sprays, the NSDC works together with the Vertus II/Plus automated actuation systems, but it can also be used as a standalone device for the manual dose collection of nasal sprays.
- The drug is sprayed into an opening large enough to guarantee no drug hits the entrance but is small enough to greatly reduce the risk of drug exiting after actuation.
- The ‘shark’s fin’ design deflects the spray away from the centre point of the nozzle in an aerodynamic fashion to minimise the risk of any rebound.
- All points on the fin itself slope away from the centre point thereby encouraging any drips that form to run away from the centre.
Vertus® Series – Automated Shake and Fire Systems for MDIs and Nasal Sprays
Manual Nasal Spray Testing
The Nasal Spray Dose Collector (NSDC) can also be used as a standalone device for the manual dose collection of nasal sprays.View Brochure
We also offer a range of equipment for additional nasal spray testing application support:
We offer a range of training courses, presentations and seminars covering a wide range of topics.Find Out More
A comprehensive range of both in-house and on-site product servicing options are availableFind Out More
Our team of experienced technicians and engineers are on hand to help and adviseFind Out More